Pokemon Go Remote Raids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
motion

PVP with Motion : Team - Building Empty PVP with Motion : Team - Building

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm
Hello! I'm Motion and I am here to help you with PVP! Team-Building is an important yet disregarded thing in the world of PVP. It is important that your Pokémon on your team have synergy. This means they should each play a role and help each other. Now, lets go in depth into these said roles.

- Lead: Your lead has to be a Pokémon that can cover a lot of the meta and is safe to start off with. Preferably, it should burn your opponents shields. This Pokémon is the foundation of your team, everything else basically revolves around this! An example of a powerful lead is Machamp in ultra league! Another great example was Muk in the Kanto cup and Jellicent in Great League! You can use pvpoke.com to find more about what leads to use!

- Cover: This pokemon has to cover your lead. This pokemon basically is a counter to what your lead loses to. So for example, if I ran machamp as a lead, My second pokemon would have to cover machamps losses. Machamp hard loses to fairies and psychic types. A good choice would be a steel type cover! Now you can use pvpoke.com to help you if you do not know too much about pokemon typings and losses. Go to the team builder, enter your lead in, and scroll down to the bottom to "potential alternatives". Pick one of the few top pokemon as a cover!

- Safe swap: Last but not least, this pokemon should be very "safe". It should be able to cover most of the meta. The way this works is, if you go against a loss as a lead, you immediately swap into this safe swap. You have to try and win the 1v1 battle with the pokemon they switch into against your safe swap. So to put this into perspective, if you lead with machamp and they lead with clefable, you immediately swap into your safe swap. If they "counter-swap" you have to try and win the battle to win "switch advantage". You can find some good examples under the switches section under rankings in pvpoke.com

Thats all from me. Have fun! - Motion

EnigmaSpirit likes this post

Polarisana

PVP with Motion : Team - Building Empty Re: PVP with Motion : Team - Building

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm
This is an awesome guide.  I think where my team fails at higher ranks is that I don't have a real cover for my lead - I run Medicham/Meganium/Umbreon, and while Meganium could be a decent cover, I have two mons that get hard walled by flying and two mons that get hard walled by fairy - and Great League is choking on Skarmory and charmers.

I threw together a second team consisting of Empoleon/Medicham/Umbreon which I might try to bust out again.  I also have a ton of GL ranked mons just kinda - hanging out in storage.  I should dig a bit deeper.

motion likes this post

motion

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:27 pm
@Polarisana wrote:This is an awesome guide.  I think where my team fails at higher ranks is that I don't have a real cover for my lead - I run Medicham/Meganium/Umbreon, and while Meganium could be a decent cover, I have two mons that get hard walled by flying and two mons that get hard walled by fairy - and Great League is choking on Skarmory and charmers.

I threw together a second team consisting of Empoleon/Medicham/Umbreon which I might try to bust out again.  I also have a ton of GL ranked mons just kinda - hanging out in storage.  I should dig a bit deeper.

Medi is pretty confusing to cover to be honest. Medi can be covered best with meganium but it will suffer with flyers. It can be covered with umbreon but it will lose to fighters. You could possibly try bastidon, sounds like a good choice to me. You could finish the job with a safe swap of your choice.
Polarisana

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 am
@motion wrote:
@Polarisana wrote:This is an awesome guide.  I think where my team fails at higher ranks is that I don't have a real cover for my lead - I run Medicham/Meganium/Umbreon, and while Meganium could be a decent cover, I have two mons that get hard walled by flying and two mons that get hard walled by fairy - and Great League is choking on Skarmory and charmers.

Medi is pretty confusing to cover to be honest. Medi can be covered best with meganium but it will suffer with flyers. It can be covered with umbreon but it will lose to fighters. You could possibly try bastidon, sounds like a good choice to me. You could finish the job with a safe swap of your choice.

Ooh, good suggestions.  I do have a high ranking Bastiodon, I think, that I either have invested in already or have the ability to invest in.  I saw some folks talking about shadow Politoed - is that viable even as shield bait?  I generally don't like shadow mons but I have a rank 32 shadow Politoed that I'd have to level up.
EnigmaSpirit
EnigmaSpirit
Administrator

Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 pm
@motion wrote:Hello! I'm Motion and I am here to help you with PVP! Team-Building is an important yet disregarded thing in the world of PVP. It is important that your Pokémon on your team have synergy. This means they should each play a role and help each other. Now, lets go in depth into these said roles.

- Lead: Your lead has to be a Pokémon that can cover a lot of the meta and is safe to start off with. Preferably, it should burn your opponents shields. This Pokémon is the foundation of your team, everything else basically revolves around this! An example of a powerful lead is Machamp in ultra league! Another great example was Muk in the Kanto cup and Jellicent in Great League! You can use pvpoke.com to find more about what leads to use!

- Cover: This pokemon has to cover your lead. This pokemon basically is a counter to what your lead loses to. So for example, if I ran machamp as a lead, My second pokemon would have to cover machamps losses. Machamp hard loses to fairies and psychic types. A good choice would be a steel type cover! Now you can use pvpoke.com to help you if you do not know too much about pokemon typings and losses. Go to the team builder, enter your lead in, and scroll down to the bottom to "potential alternatives". Pick one of the few top pokemon as a cover!

- Safe swap: Last but not least, this pokemon should be very "safe". It should be able to cover most of the meta. The way this works is, if you go against a loss as a lead, you immediately swap into this safe swap. You have to try and win the 1v1 battle with the pokemon they switch into against your safe swap. So to put this into perspective, if you lead with machamp and they lead with clefable, you immediately swap into your safe swap. If they "counter-swap" you have to try and win the battle to win "switch advantage". You can find some good examples under the switches section under rankings in pvpoke.com

Thats all from me. Have fun! - Motion

Thank you for contributing with this! I think this is a really great guide that will help alot of our users, I cn;t wait to see what else you have to offer in the PVP world!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum